Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bloomin' Toasted Cheese and Rotisserie Chicken Bread -Single Serve

Pin It Now!

I have seen versions of this idea floating around Pinterest for awhile now.

This is probably a technique as opposed to a recipe as just about any type of sandwich or bread dip can be adapted to this idea.

Most recently I saw this on the exPress O Blog (a Little Bit of Everything).  Diana's blog is indeed, as advertised, a little bit of everything, crafts, home styles and RECIPES... like this one.

If you follow the link (Blue Letters, or click on the photo to the right, it links to her blog post), you will see her Bloomin Gooey Cheese Bread, as well as links to other bloggers with different takes on this idea...  Like a mushroom or different style onion loaf.

The actual idea for this uses a loaf of store bought bread (NOT sliced).  It is a LARGE loaf appetizer, designed to be a pull apart bread for something social (like a party!  I think that is a great party idea and I certainly have it filed away for the future.

BUT, I was after something a little different.

I wanted something new for a serving of Soup and Sandwich...

Just last night I had made a really good Zuppa Tuscana (a sort of potato and Italian Sausage soup...I'll do that recipe tomorrow).  I made a pinwheel sandwich for that (probably will do that recipe the day after).

I had a BIG bowl of leftover soup (that was better the second day), but did not make extra pinwheels.

SO, I decided a much smaller version of Diana's party appetizer would look dramatic and work well with this soup that needed no dipping bread.  Just a sandwich to pair with the soup (almost a stew, but we will talk about that tomorrow).

So, I baked up a batch of my favorite buns.

One LARGE bun that I will be slicing into sandwich worthy bread (oh boy, chicken salad for lunch!).

A couple of Buns for an egg and onion sandwich.

And a couple to make this EASY and SPECTACULAR and yummy sandwich.

Kind of a combination of a chicken and cheese sandwich and one of those pretty Bloomin Onions from Outback Steakhouse.

Here's what I did...

And it's all in the technique, so photo essay to follow...

First, I removed a breast from a store bought, Fully Cooked, Fully Seasoned Rotisserie Chicken.  then I sliced it as thin as possible.  Sharp knife is a must, or use a bread knife.


Next I took my fresh made hamburger bun.  I try to make all of my own bread, but there is no reason this would not work for a store bought bun.  Again, with that SHARP knife I started making slices about 3/4 of an inch apart, both up and down and side to side...

Be careful to only slice within a half inch of the bottom... DO NOT SLICE ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BUN


Next I started stuffing...

I had the Chicken
I also had some shredded Smoked Gruyere Cheese that worked AMAZING!
I also poured 2 TBS of melted Butter in between the spreading bread cubes.

Wrap this in aluminum foil and bake sealed for 20 minutes (350 preheated oven).

After 20 minutes, open the foil and return to the oven for 10 minutes more so the bread toasts.


This worked GREAT!  Of course the taste was terrific... Chicken, and smokey cheese makes a terrific toasted cheese sandwich.  It was small enough to serve as a sandwich and just take bites from.


Or, as Diana did in her post, works great as a pull apart grab and snack dish.

Now I am thinking this with a nice Tomato Soup so I can toss the pieces in as chicken and cheese croutons. Now that sounds good!
So, here it is. One of my new all time favorite sandwich displays!  FILLED with flavors, and just plain DELICIOUS!

It really does all come together quickly... The first one took a few minutes to figure out, but the second took only a couple of minutes to assemble   the rest is all oven work.  . Even easier if you use one of my beloved Store Bought, Pre-cooked, Pre-seasoned Rotisserie Chicken.

******************************************************

This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Appetizers Recipes"!!!

From Dips and Salsas to everyone's favorite, Deviled Eggs; Appetizers will set the mood for something special. And make enough different ones and you have a Tapas Meal!

Links include Dips (Take a Look at the WORLD's BEST Guacamole recipe (and world's easiest to make), Salsas, Grilled Bites, Watermelon Art, and of course something with a spectacular presentation and taste... Take a look, something to match any occasion...

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 





  • In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.




  • And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest
  • 2 comments:

    1. I have seen a lot of those pull apart breads and they all look good but I think this is my favorite of all - in part from the size and part due to the chicken idea.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love Costco's rotisserie chickens, so was delighted to find you. I intend to work my way though many of these (I exlude red onions and goat cheese from my repertoire)

      Jay B.

      ReplyDelete

    FMP