Sunday, December 16, 2012

GOOEY Butterscotch Cashew... BEST COOKIE I EVER MADE!

Pin It Now!

Today marks the end of my Cookie Recipes for 2012... The Cul de Sac cookie exchange has become a big deal (at least for me).  The last few days I have shown the most popular Kids Cookie, The most popular Adult Cookie, The nearly Glow in the Dark Sugar Cookies I tried to buy the love of my Nieces and nephew with AND a Savory Herb (Rosemary) cookie to battle the all too sweet cookies coming seemingly from every direction.

While all have their advantages for different reasons, today I am posting my very favorite cookie of all time!  I have only made these for the first time this year, they leapfrogged over of my beloved Oatmeal Scotches as the cookie of choice!

They are painfully sweet (It's Christmas, live a little).  BUT, they have a crust that is soft and chewy.  They have my favorite gooey butterscotch flavoring (remember, oatmeal scotches used to be #1).  But this butterscotch stays soft and does not get hard (like my former attempts at making butterscotch).  And what needs to be said about cashews... The Cadillac of nuts!


 So with thanks to the Daydream Kitchen Blog for the inspiration...

Here's what I did...



GOOEY Butterscotch Cashew...
BEST COOKIE I EVER MADE!


Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 Sticks (12 TBS) Butter, room temperature
  • 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1 Pinch Salt
  • 1-2/3 Cups Flour
  • 1 bag (11 Ounces) Butterscotch Chips
  • 3/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
  • 1 TBS plus 1 tsp Water
  • 2 Cups Roasted Salted Cashews
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
  2. Treat a 9X13 baking dish with non stick spray.
  3. Create a Parchment sling by lining the pan's width and length.
  4. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, Brown Sugar and pinch of salt together for a couple of minutes.
  5. Add the Flour a half cup at a time to the butter mix until just crumbly
  6. Press this mix into the prepared, slinged pan.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes
  8. Meanwhile, In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir together butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and water. Stir until mixture comes to a simmer and butterscotch chips are melted. Tome this so that it is finished just as the crust comes out of the oven.
  9. Pour over crust.
  10. Sprinkle cashews over the caramel.
  11. Bake for another 5 minutes. This allows the caramel to completely soften and the nuts sink into the goo.
  12. Cool completely on a wire rack.
  13. After cooling, remove from pan and use a very sharp knife to cut into bars.
  14. Serve and ENJOY!

Soft and Chewy, Oohy and Gooey, Salty and Sweet and the best i have ever made!

So, once again, don;t you wish you lived in our neighborhood so you could take advantage of the Cul de Sac cookie exchange???  What would you make?

Here's the links to what I made...

These almost glow in the dark with the new NEON food coloring.  They are actually just a simple Butter/sugar cookie recipe, colored and M&M's added.

But the Kids like these M&M Butter Cookies.

I also made GIRL SCOUT NO BAKE Thin Mint TRUFFLES... So easy, no bake, and VERY POPULAR (you of course know to click the blue letters to follow the link to those recipes)...

And just in case you think I forgot the little darlings that look forward to Christmas cookies, my most popular contribution to the exchange was in fact the easiest... Again, NO BAKE, cheater (I use Nutter Butter cookies) Snowmen...

I call these... The Easiest NO-BAKE cookie that your friends will Ooh and Aah over!




But at least around our house, sweet, overly iced and decorated cookies are really not our favorites. We prefer a more grown up cookie and I found those with these herb flavored, Rosemary and Lime drop cookies that I call ...

Saint Paul's Big Girl Panties Rosemary Cookies!

But these are incredible.  One of my very favorite bar cookies.  I just love the quick easy caramel scotch!

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Ways to Cook COOKIE, BARS and TRUFFLES"!!!

Old school like classic criss cross peanut butter to new takes on interesting recipes like a beautiful Red Velvet with the cream cheese mixed inside the cookie, accented with white chocolate chips!  Even a Pineapple Cream Cheese EASY Bar with only 5 ingredients! 
Stop on by, there's always a new cookie in the cookie jar!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP