Friday, December 14, 2012

Saint Paul's Big Girl Panties Cookies (Rosemary Lime Chews)

Pin It Now!

This is the third cookie that I made this Holiday Season.

OK, I admit it, I am not young.  In fact, I am just a little bit younger than dirt, but I am gaining on dirt exponentially.  So, My tastes have changed quite a bit since I was a child.  You know, as Saint Paul said...
I Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Well my friends, when I was a child I LOVED Sugary Sweet Iced Sugar cookies.  But something happened on my way to being as old as dirt... Too Much Sugar just does not taste as good as when I was young.  In fact, these were such a welcome change of pace from a typical Christmas cookie that it took the neighborhood cookie exchange by storm.  Everyone (we were mostly all at that dirt stage of life) thought these were a wonderful idea to have around.

Sure, there is sugar... but not much
BUT
There is also a great deal of Rosemary (savory) as well as the citrus tang of Lime juice and Zest!

So, Cinch up those Big Girl Panties, think of Saint Paul and admit that even at Christmas time, your dirt age family and friends might appreciate a little more grown up cookie


 Here's what I did...


Saint Paul's
Big Girl Panties Rosemary-Lime Chews


Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 Cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Medium Lime, finely Zested
  • 2 TBS Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 6 TBS Butter, melted
  • For the Garnish ...
  • Zest from 1 Medium Lime (about 2 TBS)
  • 2 TBS Granulated Sugar (same amount as the garnish zest)
  • Juice from 1 Medium Lime (same as the one you zested)
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Whisk together the dry ingredients, Flour, Baking powder and salt.
  3. In a separate large bowl, mix the sugar, Rosemary and the zest together, rub this with your fingers. This will make the sugar moist and fragrant.
  4. Using a hand mixer, add the eggs and mix until the mix is light colored, thick and creamy, about 2 minutes.
  5. Beat in the vanilla.
  6. With a spatula, gently fold in the flour mix with the egg mix, followed by the meted butter.
  7. Scoop 1 TBS onto a prepared cookie tray (I use parchment paper on a cookie tray). I form into a ball and then press gently to compress a little.
  8. Bake for 11 minutes until just starting to brown on the edges.
  9. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes until just warm.
  10. While they are cooling, combine the zest and sugar for garnish and again rub together with your fingers to combine.
  11. Brush the tops of a cookie with the lime juice so the sugar/zest will stick, Quickly, while the cookie is wet, sprinkle a pinch of the sugar/zest on each.
  12. Serve and ENJOY!

 As I said, I used these as part of the Cul de Sac Cookie Exchange and they were VERY popular.  Of course, anyone with young children made sure to get the sweet icing covered cookies.  But everyone grabbed a few of these to share with their dirt age guests.

I also made GIRL SCOUT NO BAKE Thin Mint TRUFFLES... (you of course know to click the blue letters or the photo to the right to follow the link to those recipes)...

And just in case you think I forgot the little darlings that look forward to Christmas cookies, my most popular contribution to the exchange was in fact the easiest... Again, NO BAKE, cheater (I use Nutter Butter cookies) Snowmen...

I call these... The Easiest NO-BAKE cookie that your friends will Ooh and Aah over!

These are fantastic... An adult cookie with an adult taste.  Perfect when you want just a little sweet without the heavy taste of a sweet candy kid's cookie.

Uniquely Delicious!

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Ways to Cook COOKIE, BARS and TRUFFLES"!!!

Old school like classic criss cross peanut butter to new takes on interesting recipes like a beautiful Red Velvet with the cream cheese mixed inside the cookie, accented with white chocolate chips!  Even a Pineapple Cream Cheese EASY Bar with only 5 ingredients! 
Stop on by, there's always a new cookie in the cookie jar!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP